Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Polish Movie Posters

I am finally catching up on my holiday reviews (yes, I know, it's been a month almost since New Years). I'm starting not with a movie, but with polishposter.com, a website that sells, as you can probably guess, Polish posters for films, theatrical performances, and exhibitions. I don't entirely know the history, but Poland has an history of hiring amazing artists to advertise the release of both local and foreign films. The posters are beautiful, and make even the worst movies look entirely seductive.

I'm not even close to the first person to blog about this, but here are a few of my favorites. I tried not to repeat too many from the other blog posts, but some were inevitable:

Tarkovsky's Nostalgia

The Fly

8 1/2

Chinatown

Startrek IV - The Voyage Home

No comments: