Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Why Lydia Didn't Totally Hate Fireproof

Dear Lydia,

This is the least necessary review I will ever write on NTC. If there's one movie you won't ever watch because you have no expectation of liking it, it's Fireproof. But here we are.

Except, wait. Unless I'm mistaken, there's one thing you liked. If you're like me, and I suspect in your unwillingness to pay money to see this movie you are, you watched it on Youtube. So you probably noticed at some point that the videos average about 120,000 views. Most of the feedback is positive and deeply religious.

As far as I can tell, that means about 120,000 Christians stole this movie.

Sincerely,

Kristin

2 comments:

Lydia said...

I very nearly picked up Fireproof as the get-one-free in my blockbuster rewards buy-one-get-one-free on Monday. Now I'm glad I didn't.

I think you have a credit in the reading/watching of things everyone wants to know about but no one wants to actually experience. I read the Twilight books so you wouldn't have to. But now you've spared me experiencing both The Shack and Fireproof, which makes us more than even. (At least, once you tell me everything about Fireproof--was it awesome? Could you tell his wife was a kissing shemp in that one scene?)

Lydia said...

p.s. I meant RENT-one-get-one-free. I did not almost purchase Fireproof. I only almost rented it.