Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Some updates, mostly Marvel

Thad recently requested a link to the infographic illustrating who owns what Marvel film rights, so here it is! The infographic was posted by The Geek Twins. Enjoy the link and the image below.





















[Image: You're going to feel sad when you see where Stan Lee is. You're going to feel curious when you see what's up with Man-Thing.]

Additionally, I would like to suggest the revivification of Tuesday movies, and possibly Tuesday lunches. That stuff was good times, plus so many movies are coming out.

Finally, we saw Captain American Winter Soldier, and I feel Falcon was underrepresented in the movie's promotional materials, so here is this:
















[Photo: SO MUCH AWESOMER THAN ANYTHING ELSE IN THAT MOVIE.]

3 comments:

Lydia said...

I don't understand the Stan Lee thing. Oh, is he in the graph doing an obligatory cameo?

I'm for Tuesday movies and Tuesday lunch. Tuesday lunch can happen on any day, but Tuesday movies have to be on Tuesdays because they are six dollars.

My favorite thing about Winter Soldier was Anthony Mackie. Not my favorite thing was how many scenes were specifically staged to highlight ScarJo's bottom. Like the scene where she's walking up on a wall for no reason except to put her butt at eye level. And the several times when a scene ended and the camera was like, "they are done talking but let's just sit quietly for a minute and watch the black widow walk away."

Kirsten said...

I feel saddened that I didn't even notice the butt thing.

What has become of me? Do I now think it's normal to stare at butts? AM I STARING AT BUTTS?

Kirsten said...

On the Stan Lee thing: I assumed it was a sad commentary on how creators don't own anything they create, but I'm prone to melodrama that way.