Sunday, September 4, 2011

On Netflix, and on not being the person you wish you were when you created your queue

Almost two years ago I blogged about first setting up my Netflix account. I was so thrilled to have access to movies I couldn't find at any local video store. At 10:15 Sept 17, 2009 my Netflix queue was:

Rudo i Cursi
An American Werewolf in London
Chandni Chowk to China
O'Horten
The Class
Good Dick
Departures
Guest of Cindy Sherman
Herb and Dorothy
Pray the Devil Back to Hell
Soul Power
Tokyo Sonata
The Garden
Eden Log
Frontrunners
Shiver
Splinter

a *lot* of Doctor Who

I have struck out the movies I have actually watched in the ensuing two years. You know what I did with the rest of my time?

Law and Order: SVU.

The trashiest of all Law and Orders.

4 comments:

michael said...

My streaming selections, which started with all manner of wonderful documentaries, have over the last couple of months become only "Slapshot", "The Thing", and about two dozen NewsRadios.

I regret nothing.

Kirsten said...

Here's to regretting nothing! From an email from Netflix this morning:

Shipped - Startrek: Generations.

Next up in your Queue -
1. Star Trek: Nemesis
2. Star Trek: First Contact
3. Star Trek: The Motion Picture

Lydia said...

My queue looks quite respectable I think, but these are the movies I have watched streaming this week:

Speed
Die Hard
Die Hard 2
Lethal Weapon
Red Hook

Kirsten said...

I've just been re-watching Community, which is the only thing I do anymore.