Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Holiday movies partial recap

Holiday movie theater time: MIIV and Sherlock Holmes 2. Mostly these made me want to climb the Burj Khalifa and watch episodes of Sherlock until the end of time. In dvd rentals we've finally seen Hanna, which wasn't bad. Saoirse Ronan is pretty great, plus it was fun to watch Thad swear up and down we'd find the director does music videos when it turned out he does british dramas. Good times! We watched the final installment of Harry Potter, which sucked big time in exactly the way you'd expect. I re-watched episodes of Drunk History

I still haven't seen The Girl With... and Tinker Tailor, though I did buy the book for the latter.

Now we're rewatching Paul, and I'm mentally remapping Simon Pegg's career, including high and low lights. 

1997 I'm Alan Partridge - awesome!
1999-2001 Spaced - Indeed!
2002 24 Hour Party People - sounds good
2004 Shaun of the Dead - Yes!
2006 - MIIII - well...
2007 Hot Fuzz - YES
2007 Diary of the Dead - really? I had no idea. Or maybe Lydia and I keep talking about this?
2007 Run Fatboy Run - Nope, I can't support him here.
2008 How to Lose Friends... - This is where I began to suspect a slope down hill
2009 Star Trek - not terrible
2009 Robot Chicken - Dunno, but I hear good things.
2010 The Chronicles of Narnia - how did I not know this?
2011 Paul - liked it
2011 The Adventures of TinTin - again I had no idea
2011 MIIV - not bad actually
2012 "untitled Star Trek sequel" - woot!

I thought the above would be a much clearer downward plummet. Here's to what it actually is: a bit confusing but overall not bad.

It's probably time to come home and do some work. 

No comments: