Sunday, December 11, 2011

Spoiler Alert

I generally think spoiler alerts are funny. I don't really know why. I also at times find anarchy enthusiasts funny. This stems from many things, most particularly my tendency INTENSELY IDENTIFY WITH ANARCHY ENTHUSIASTS.

So generally, I think this post by the local anarchist collective to be the singularly most humorous thing I've seen in days. Nothing ruins a good Die Hard movie night like a stiff dose of politics and an eager desire warn the public about any unexpected fun they might not have.

7 comments:

michael said...

I don't get the profanity warning.

"fuck used about 58 times. motherfucker is used two times

shit used about 20 times

d******d is used two times"

Is that "dickhead"? It's "dickhead", isn't it. Is there a racial slur or something I'm missing? What else could make that more offensive than "motherfucker"?

Spoiler alert: Yippee-ki-yay.

Kirsten said...

I glanced and assumed it was "damned" but now it's SO clear you're right that it's "dickhead."

I love the Wingnut blog. I highly recommend subscribing.

Y*****-k*-y** mother fucker!

Kirsten said...

Also, "Much of the language is used sexually/biologically."

Lydia said...

"about" 58? As in, that's an approximate number?

One other theory is that maybe it was supposed to be "g******d" for goddamned...? Which would be the worst because of the blasphemy of it.

Kirsten said...

Seems logical, but they're pretty commitedly atheist from what I can tell.

michael said...

You guys are right, of course: damned/goddamned make more sense. But I in my mental constraints expect each asterisk to represent one and only one letter, goddammit!

Anyway. Die Hard really is a Christmas classic.

Kirsten said...

Time for a Christmas classics post, or a Ho Ho Horror revival.