Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Injustice

I am watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, the stop motion animation featuring a number of finely needle-felted animals and Burl Ives singing with a banjo. WHAT could be better I ask you?

I'll tell you what would be better. It would be better if the song Ives sings while strumming a banjo actually had a banjo in it.

I submit, for your consideration, exhibit A:
A snowman, clearly strumming a banjo.

Now I submit to you exhibit B: A recording of Ives singing the song, the same recording that appears in the film.

You will note, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, that while a banjo appears visually, no banjo can be heard in the song.

Where is the banjo, Ives?!? BANJO PLAYERS OF THE INTERNET WANT TO KNOW. WE DEMAND THE LOST TABS.

No comments: