Wednesday, December 28, 2011

What comes after Christmas? TRUE CRIME

It's time to start thinking about true crime movies to go along with my true crime reading. I bring this up in honor of Devil in the White City, which as of now has two potential film adaptations, one with Tom Cruise in a production role and one with Leonardo DiCaprio in a starring role. Wikipedia only notes one of these as pending, but I read somewhere this week about the second.

Here's my potential list:

The Atlanta Child Murders - I'm reading Evidence of Things Not Seen, and feel obsessed with the case, so  the miniseries seems like a difficult to find must have.
Bonnie and Clyde (also banjo numbers!)
In Cold Blood and Capote
The Green River Killer - I read Green River Killer, the graphic novel adaptation, so I'm feeling excited about this one too.

What else should I include? This is an open call for anyone to edit this post, adding their own suggestions. Or you could put suggestions in the comments, but that's way less fun.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

I liked Devil in the White City a lot. And at this moment I have no desire to see a movie adaptation of it. I guess that could change.

I read a book about the atlanta child murders a few years ago. Leaving Atlanta, by Tayari Jones, who was at VCU for some event this past semester. But I didn't go.