Thursday, December 22, 2011

This just got good.

It's hard to say why TMC's Thin Man marathon is the perfect Christmas warm up, but It absolutely is. I'm making cookies, so I'm missing a lot, but I can tell you this:

There's totally a Christmas scene in The Thin Man, so that's legit.

There's totally Jimmy Stewart in After the Thin Man, so get your Christmas on.

All I'm saying is it's finally Christmas.

And it doesn't hurt that Comedy Central played Christmas episodes of Futurama all afternoon.
"Your mistletoe is no match for my T.O.W. missile."

"Watch out! His belly is shaking like a bowl full of nitroglycerin!"

"Ho ho ho! It's time to get jolly on your naughty asses!"

Amy: He knows when you are sleeping.
Farnsworth: He knows when you're on the can.
Leela: He'll hunt you down and blast your ass,  from here to Pakistan.
Dr. Zoidberg: Oh...
Hermes: You better not breathe, you better not move
Bender: You're better off dead, I'm tellin' you, dude.
Fry: Santa Claus is gunning you down! 
Fry: I'm Santa Claus!
Hermes: No, I'm Santa Claus!
Amy: We're also Santa Claus!
Dr. Zoidberg: And I'm his friend Jesus.
Mayor: You guys aren't Santa! You're not even robots. How dare you lie in front of Jesus?

4 comments:

Cindy Not A. Blogger said...

I watched The Thin Man on TCM, too! I got tired of knitting potholders that no one wanted, so now I'm knitting little toddler socks that no one wants. And watching Christmas movies--but only the good ones.

Unknown said...

The Thin Man! I'm so sad I missed it! Maybe I'll have a personal post-Christmas marathon today.

Also, I have a toddler who desperately wants socks! Also, he loves barrettes and shoes. Other clothes he shows no interest in at all...

Lydia said...

Dave--your baby is gay. I will try to steal some of the adorable toddler socks Cindy has been knitting before I leave here Thursday.

I watched Arsenic and Old Lace yesterday while making cookies. It is NOT a Christmas movie, but I couldn't find The Man Who Came to Dinner, or Meet John Doe, or It's a Wonderful Life on the internet, and by that time I was feeling Capraish, so I took what I could get. Then we watched Swing Time, which has a lot of snow but no Christmas (just like Narnia under the White Witch eh?).

Kirsten said...

There was also an Invader Zim Marathon, and now we have snow! It's a Christmas miracle!